9/11/2547

Strange but true




Hehe... This poster marked the beginning of a turbulent, yet overall great day. The day started off with a slight hangover because I'd been over at Ginny's place with a bottle of wine last night... we had a nice little gossip session and avoided talking about NLC as best we could.

This morning... ah. I was going to avoid going to uni alltogether, but I had some problems with my Finnish scholarship again, and had to go all the way to uni to pay ten bucks for a piece of paper to fax to Finland. But should be sorted now... or else I'll be very very very broke for the rest of the month.

I had Georg over for lunch and taught him some Finnish pronunciation because he's doing a few pieces by Yrjo Kilpinen. It was fun. Finnish does not have dipthongs the same way English does, and teaching Georg how to speak Finnish was like teaching a komodo dragon how to fly.

After that I went to the Swinburne 'Party of Nations', which was quite a lot of fun... I think we came up with the Victorian theme song for next NLCAC... "If there's something strange in your neighbourhood, who you gonna call.... N L C!!!" (as opposed to 'Ghostbusters')... so in other words, don't bother the NLC B.O.B.'s unless you see a ghost!

It was a great evening, and I felt very well cared for. I had a good talk with all the Swinburne people... Gavin was there, and also ... what was her name again..?? former president of Sisa from Japan... I don't know her name but we were meant for each other, man - she's so hot! I met some Thai people, too - it's always nice to keep in touch with 'home'. A few guys were fighting over who would have the honour of marrying me - that was really entertaining... I had a stalker for one point of the night... two actually... some guys I simply didn't know kept leeching on to me. Luckily, Kelvin was there to save me every time! Thanks my dearest! But then Kelvin couldn't do anything about Cavish's intensions of marriage, so I had to call the wedding off in the middle, to the very disappointed look from Kenny, who seemed to be enjoying the prospect of being the priest. Hehe... So as of yet, I'm apparently still unmarried an single! And ultimately, I think, against all convention of 'thingship', I am not really single, but 'reserved' for my 'thing'... Or what do you think of that, my dear?

But wow. I love you Victoria! You were really here for me tonight, and you don't know what that means to me!