1/30/2548

A brief narrative of the day...

Today I was employed as a slave labour by my father... or well.. for the price of a coffee, water and dinner after a healthy arguement in the family that had everyone in a bad mood for a little bit of time... which I suppose, is perfectly acceptable... and gets the time passing...




No rest for the wicked, as they say, and there I am, working with my mouth full.

I wonder if I made the mistake earlier of giving my father the address to my website? Hehe... well, anyhow, we laughed about the fact that we rarely talk, and now we've discovered a new form of communication... but, as I know you are reading this - this does not relate to verbal communication. I don't like my blog discussed. I think I mentioned that if there are comments, they are to be posted on my blog. That way the world of the internet remains of the internet.

As can be seen from the picture below, my father obviously wasn't enjoying himself greatly as I wrote his proposal and resorted to taking pictures up his own nose...




The premiere of the European film festival, later on at the opera house progressed rather uneventfully, and the VIP reception was rather unfortunately boring... I would arranged a few sponsors there to come display their 'wares' for that added element of entertainment and stimulation for movie-goers. After the necessary speeches which progressed in painful monotony, we were admitted into the cinema venue. I was chatting away happily with Erno, until about 10 seconds before the start of the movie, my neighbour turned to us, obviously entirely distrusting of the youth of today, and 'politely' inquired down his nose whether we were intending to be quiet at any point. We had a good laugh about it later on... Damn those youngsters! Mwahahaha!




Anyhow, the night was balmy for the first time in Cairo since I'd arrived, and the evening ended with a pleasant detour through the park, where I met "Mr. I am happy with my stick" and thought I'd keep him as a friend (but was unable to unroot him, and thus left him standing where he was)...




Well... what can I say? A relatively peaceful, non-eventful day... and not too many thoughts bothering me for a change...

But... still waiting. I don't understand why it's so difficult to make a phonecall to Egypt from Australia? ...you know I miss you... and ...you know I'm worried...