8/14/2549

Another song about Monday

Mmm when you can go out late from Monday,
till Saturday turns into Sunday,
and now you're back here at Monday,
so we can do it all over again.
And you go aah ah ah
I want a refund,
I want a light,
I want a reason,
to make it through the night, alright.

A prize for whoever guess what this song is!

(p.s. for anyone wondering, last weeks song was Monday Monday by the Mamas and the Papas)



Whatever were we waiting for? I must say that this past weekend was the most unproductive weekend academically ever (and I'm not helping the situation by blogging now!)... but I think there's been some progress in chasing some of those skeletons out of the closet!

A couple exciting things happened since last week...

I got my exchange application in two weeks ago, as you may or may not know... and then found out last Tuesday that NUS doesn't accept honours exchange applicants. Great. I'm still waiting to see if that's true, though.

Wednesday: I spoke to Arzel (after 3 years!!!)

Arzel is just one of those super-friends that I'll probably never forget :) I remember when we were working in the same restaurant, and one night I had a really bad rash on my leg (very painful!) from an allergy or something like that... and I could hardly walk. But I'd told my parents to come to eat at Dennis (which is where Arzel and I both worked, and thus, where we met) that night because I was about to go off to Spain...

Anyhow, point was, I could hardly walk, was in extreme pain, couldn't call in sick cos I told my parents to come that night... and Arzel pretty much covered the whole place on his own and left me to just deal with my mom and dad!

But yeah.... when am I coming back to Finland? I don't know, Arzel... but you're somebody I definitely have to catch up with SOON!!

Thursday: Went to see Pen-Ek Ratanaruang's "Invisible Waves" with Tenzing and Richard... must say I think Khun Ratanaruang should stick to his Thai roots and give up trying to make Japanese existentialist movies. Didn't enjoy it much... His previous films, 'Mon-Rak Transistor' and 'Last Life in the Universe' were quality films... but this... oh, well... :(

Friday: Well... back to the whole incident of the unproductive weekend, I suppose...

I'd planned it so carefully that I would be able to go to work, go see "Be With Me" (An absolutely BEAUTIFUL Singaporean movie) and do three assignments... but instead? Chased skeletons instead of doing the assignments, which I'm meant to be doing ... now. :P

But really, the important thing is that we really managed to make some things a lot clearer... so it was definitely worth it...




In the middle of all that, though, there was the incident of Miss Ginny Loh reappearing on the face of this planet (and then calling me), after 6 months missing! I'm happy she's back! And I'll be seeing her next weekend...

And at work... These Thai people came to have drinks and dessert... and I wasn't serving them, except for just helping to drop some stuff at the tables... I didn't let on that I was Thai though, and it led to some interesting results.

I was dropping a tiramisu off at the table, and these guys started openly commenting on my looks (positive comments, YAY!) in Thai. I smiled and pretended not to understand, ofcourse.

I told Clark about this, so we formulated a plan... I taught him how to say "Sawasdeekhrap" (Hello) in Thai, and so he went to them and greeted them. This group was then very impressed, and asked him where he had learned it from.

"Oh, from my colleague, Fon, the girl you were just talking about in Thai."

They were in hysterics (especially the girls in their group!).

It's useful to look different sometimes, isn't it?