2/04/2548

I wish it were raining...

Rain always manages to put a smile on my face... it's something about the scent that rises from the ground when it rains. The soft pitter patter on the roof and windows... the circles on the swimming pool's surface.

I haven't seen the rain in ages - not proper rain. Not the pouring kind of rain that will get you drenched in two seconds. It doesn't happen in Melbourne. It doesn't happen in Egypt. It happens here in Bangkok... but I haven't seen it in over a year now.

Next time it rains, I'll be able to meditate a little and get all these problems sorted out. Start clean.

"Your love is rain, my heart's a flower
I need your love, or I will die
My very life is in your power
Will I wither and fade, or bloom to the sky?

Agua de beber
Agua de beber camara
etc.

The rain can fall on distant deserts
The rain can fall upon the sea
The rain can fall upon the flowers
Since the rain has to fall, why can't it fall on me?

Agua de beber
etc."

-Antonio Carlos Jobim

Right now that second verse is the one that is the one that is striking a chord with me.

I don't want to go back to Australia. I want to go to Hua Hin and smell the sea. I want to see my nephews and nieces grow. I want to have more long talks with P'Oad. But... most of all - I want to wait for the rain. I really wish it would rain before I go back to Melbourne. Just so that I could go out and stand in it.