2/05/2548

Censorship

อิดจะอิด... if you are reading this...

Do you realise that your blog is censored in Thailand today? เธอเขียนอะไรไปหรอเนี่ย?

Or.... did you just do something to the template so that all I get is a big screen of pink?

Elections are tomorrow... and the tension is mounting in Bangkok... Campaigners are driving past in little trucks with megaphones trying to educate the public and Electoral Commission employees are driving around trying to get a high turn-up to the polling booths tomorrow. I was a little surprised to read in the Bangkok post yesterday that the main opposition from the Thairakthai party for P'Bam (Janista) was 'eliminated' with claims that he forged his vocational school certificate to get into university many many years ago... pretty serious allegations... I wonder if they have any truth to them? TRT are not the only ones playing dirty, I guess. Ok. I'm going to have my page censored, just like Itt, by the end of today... but regardless, I'm going to link up THIS PAGE. Go take a look ;)

Anyhow, my 'address' here in Bangkok is my condo at PhayaThai, so I'm voting in Kheet Rachatewi with my aunt who also lives around there... and then... I get to go to the sea in Pattaya with my aunt!!! I was so worried that this year I wouldn't get to go to the seaside at all - normally we go to our condo at Huahin every month, but this year, I haven't had a chance to join my brother because I've been skipping in and out of the country. I haven't been to Pattaya with my aunt for years, though... she's got a beautiful condo there, and she likes to have me as wine drinking company.

Speaking of which, I must say I'm suffering a slight hangover, and I'm meant to be writing a letter of recommendation to our convenor, have lunch with a friend, collect a dress from the tailor, and go visit my grandfather today.

I went out to a place called "Proof Club" in Thonglor with P'Dee yesterday, and I think her dance instructor friend was quite encouraging about us drinking... hehe... since we were up and dancing like crazy (she's a jazz dance teacher, after all), she decided she wanted to take me home, and there was a small debate about who gets to keep me for the night.

Needless to say, I stayed with P'Dee... back at her house, we uncorked the vodka and sat talking about... boyfriends and animals (I'm not trying to link the two, it just seems that the two are easy to switch back and forth between in a conversation:). Oh yes, and a little politics... family... I guess we got a good chance to get to know each other a little better.

So... Now for that letter of recommendation.