9/04/2549

Another post, since today is the day for it :)

**Something worth mentioning: I checked in on www.gconsole.com (A Thai gaming site), and through that stumbled across the blog of somebody I've been worried about - he's alive and well and getting numbers off Japanese chics :) I'm happy that all is going well... Really happy. Reading this has made my day.**

Last night at work was funny... this drunk guy stumbled in, and I wasn't sure what to do cos the manager wasn't around...

Him: I want a bowl of pasta.

Me: Ok, take a seat over there.

[He sits on a table at the window, between two other tables that I'm also serving. On one table is a British-Japanese couple, and on the other, an American couple.]

Me: Do you know what you would like?

Him: [very slurred speech] Something simple... spaghetti... bolognese. [picks up wine list]

Me: Did you want something to drink as well? [oh shit oh shit oh shit - how do I tell him he's too drunk and I can't serve him alcohol?!]

Him: [stares hard at menu] Ummmmmmmmm..... [silence]....

Me: I'll just put through your pasta and let you think about that longer. How about I just bring you some water for now?

Him: Oh yes... thank-... you. Water.

[phew - good save fon!]

By the time I was back with his pasta, he'd fallen asleep on the table, slouched over and nodding.

Me: Excuse me?

Him: [...]

Me: [leaning in closer] Excuse me, would you like to eat your pasta?

Him: [...]

[The American couple and the English/Japanese couple are sniggering now]

Me: [gentle nudge] Your spaghetti bolognese?

Him: Hmm? Oh! Thank-you [starts attacking pasta]

English man: You must not be married, because you would have elbowed him in the head otherwise.

Me: Umm... [looks at Japanese lady] Is that what she does?

...


Ok.... it was a strange evening. After the drunk dude finished his pasta, he fell asleep again, and this time I got Marie to talk to him and convince him to pay the bill. Apparently he didn't remember eating the pasta and was surprised by the bill.

I was told not to serve people like that anymore by David today when I phoned in to change my account details (I should have just not told him about the incident - I thought he might have found it funny - but he didn't!)

....

Thanks again to Elvira for driving me home after work... she's just the strongest person I know! She's so responsible, so tough, and takes shit from nobody. Ultimate respect!